Conference on "Broadband X-ray spectral & timing studies in Astrosat era"chaired by
at TIFR, Mumbai ( AG66 )
India`s first dedicated multi-wavelength astronomy satellite, ASTROSAT was launched on September 28, 2015. It has five science payloads which covers from X-ray to UV wavelength. The Large Area X-ray Proportional Counter (LAXPC) is one of the major payloads on ASTROSAT, which covers 3-80 keV energy range with 10 microsec time resolution. The three LAXPC units on Astrosat have the largest effective area and sensitivity among all the satellite missions flown so far for X-ray astronomy studies above 20 keV. AstroSat provides wide X-ray band coverage with fine timing capability as well as simultaneous UV observation capability.
This conference will cover broadband X-ray spectral and timing studies using Astrosat, Nicer, Nustar, Chandra, Swift, XMM, Integral and other space X-ray instruments with emphasis on X-ray binaries on emerging topics like:
· Wideband X-ray spectral and timing studies of stellar mass black holes
· HF QPOS in blackholes and neutron star X-ray binaries
· Cyclotron resonance features in accreting neutron star X-ray binaries
· Disk-jet connection across mass scales and multiwavelength studies
· Multi-wavelength studies of AGN.
· Accretion geometry in Cataclysmic Variables and hot astrophysical plasma
Note: Participation is by invitation. In case you wish to participate then write to us at the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations starts on October 17, 2017 at 9:00 hours.
Registrations close on November 15, 2017 at 17:30 hours.
Scientific Organising Committee:
• J S Yadav (TIFR, Mumbai ) - Chair
• Ranjeev Misra (IUCAA, Pune)
• Gulab Chand Dewangan (IUCAA, Pune)
• Santosh Vadawale (PRL, Ahmedabad)
• Varsha R Chitnis (TIFR, Mumbai )
• Sudip Bhattacharya (TIFR, Mumbai)
Local Organising Committee:
• Varsha R Chitnis (TIFR, Mumbai ) - Chair
• Dhiraj Dedhia (TIFR, Mumbai )
• Parag Shah (TIFR, Mumbai )
• Pankaj Madhwani (TIFR, Mumbai)
• Tilak Katoch (TIFR, Mumbai)
• Jai Verdhan Chauhan (TIFR, Mumbai)
• Vinay Bhonslay (TIFR, Mumbai)